Friday, January 22, 2010

I apologize...and an idea

Unfortunately I have been sick the last couple of days so I haven't been in the kitchen. Standing has my head pounding and I recoil at the thought of getting my husband sick from accidentaly coughing/sneezing in his food. Hopefully I will be better quickly as their are lots of things that I want to make.

By the way, I didn't take pictures of this but I wanted to let you know of something fabulous. Do you remember my Creamy Tomato Basil-Soup that I made last week? Well at the beginning of this week I was in the store and I came upon a package of Spinach Ricotta Ravioli from the Monterey Pasta Company.


It looked so delicious and I have never tried fresh pasta before so I thought this would be a nice treat.  It only took a couple of minutes in boiling water and it was done.

So what did we do for a sauce you ask?

We had some of the tomato basil soup leftover so we heated that up and threw it on the ravioli and I have to say, it was amazing. The ravioli was nice and light but the soup gave it a great punch. My husband and I ate the entire package. It was such a nice surprise. I am definitely putting this on my to do list when I need an easy dinner night.

Yum!

~Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Anything from Monterey is great. Including me!
    Seriously though, their pasta looks good. I would like to try the lobster.

    Nicol

    ReplyDelete