Sunday, January 10, 2010

Experimentation is the key

Following up on a comment from my sister I want to clarify something. I am not against some prepackaged foods. If you look in my pantry I have plenty of prepackaged items including the blue box of macaroni and cheese hiding in the back. I know I could probably make it without the little cheese packet; it is just that life of convenience still hanging on.
Also, I think I am realizing more and more as I look at the ingredient list on foods that I can do better. Just looking at my old standby spaghetti sauce and seeing high fructose corn syrup wanted me to run for the hills.

As I said before, experimentation is the key. I can search and look for the perfect recipe online but unless I am willing to get into the kitchen and try it then what does having that perfect recipe do for me?

As you will see from tomorrow's post dinner tonight did not go as I had planned. I am ok with that because I know I learned some things and will make it better next time. Plus I did something I never did before. I made a pizza dough from scratch. I may be covered in flour and my back hurt but the feeling of knowing that even if it wasn't done well but at least I attempted it is totally worth it.
More tomorrow,
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment